Blackboard Learn will be upgraded on May 30 to the latest version. Two of the new features are an all-new Calendar and a global navigation and notification area called My Blackboard. Read more about the upgrade here.
Introducing the new calendar
The new calendar provides all the features of a modern web calendar, including:
- View the calendar by course, month, week, day.
- Course due dates are automatically added to the calendar and color coded by course.
- Drag and drop calendar entries; due dates automatically updated when moved.
- Subscribe to a course calendar in your Outlook, Google or iCal-compatible mobile calendar.
See the new calendar in action:
Find out what’s new in My Blackboard
My Blackboard provides a personalized, timely view of information across all your courses. In just a couple of clicks, you can access:
- Recent Posts (Discussion, Blog, Journal, Wiki)
- Updates (notifies you of what’s available, due, overdue, needs grading, etc.)
- Calendar (events and due dates in all your courses, plus personal calendar)
- Retention Center (faculty only, shows “at-risk” students)
- Recently posted Grades (students only)
Check out My Blackboard in action:
Other new features are on the way!
Each week, TLP will spotlight new Bb Learn functionality coming this summer. Read more about each:
- Streamlined navigation using My Blackboard
- Improved Calendar
- Grade and comment assignment submissions without downloading papers
- Analyze test results and questions
- User profiles with photos
- Monitor student performance using the Retention Center