Blackboard Learn will be upgraded on May 30 to the latest version. Two of the new features are Inline Assignment Grading and Test Item Analysis. Read more about the upgrade here.
*** Important note to faculty: If you are grading Bb Learn assignment submissions after May 30, you will see the new Inline Assignment Grading tool! ***
Introducing “inline” assignment grading
If you’ve been downloading Word, PDF and text documents and re-uploading corrected papers back to students, get ready for a much faster way to grade!
- View, annotate and grade file attachments directly within Blackboard Learn; no more downloading!
- Supported file attachment formats for “inline” viewing include MS Office, text and PDF
- Add color-coded annotations for students to read
- You can always download the original or annotated paper for your records.
Watch inline assignment grading in action:
Introducing test item analysis
Blackboard Learn now provides detailed statistics on student test performance, and statistical breakdown of individual test questions.
- Highlights test questions that may be too easy or difficult, or may have been scored incorrectly.
- Lets you know which questions may be poor discriminators between students who know the subject matter and those who do not
- Provides detailed statistical data for individual questions, including:
- Average score
- Standard deviation
- Standard error
- Number of students who skipped the question
- Answer breakdown by class quartile
Watch test item analysis in action:
Each week, TLP will spotlight new Blackboard Learn functionality coming this summer.